It is of no surprise that talented and hard working celebrities win different kinds of awards during their career. Some of the awards they win are Emmys, Oscars, Grammys, or People’s Teen Choice Awards; here we have compiled the list of top 10 unusual awards won by famous people.
List of Content
- 10. President Barack Obama – Nobel Peace Prize & Grammy Award
- 9. Snoop Dogg – Stoner Of The Year
- 8. Tony Blair – Lifetime Menace Award
- 7. Russell Brand – Foot In Mouth
- 6. Rob Reiner – Celebrity Dumb Ass Award
- 5. Pope John II – Harlem Globetrotters Honorary Member
- 4. Richard Gere – Foot In Mouth
- 3. Miss Piggy – Feminism Award
- 2. Halle Berry – Razzie Award
- 1. Stephen Colbert – Species Named After Himself
10. President Barack Obama – Nobel Peace Prize & Grammy Award
During 2009, when President Barack Obama entered the White House, he was given a big surprise. The Norwegian Nobel Committee gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize for that year. He was awarded because of his extraordinary efforts for the betterment of State. He won two Grammy Awards for Best Spoken Word Album.
9. Snoop Dogg – Stoner Of The Year
Snoop Dogg is a famous stoner of the world. In 2002, High Times presented Snoop Dogg with the most prestigious award for smoking pot. Snoop’s efforts and dedication as a professional have been exceptional. He was wearing a Persian lamb-lined black suede overcoat with a matching hat when he was given the award.
8. Tony Blair – Lifetime Menace Award
Tony Blair became Prime Minister of the United Kingdom by a landslide in 1997. His party succeeded in winning more than expected number of seats. He won the Lifetime Menace Award in 2003, given to him by Privacy International for his exceptional works as a politician.
7. Russell Brand – Foot In Mouth
Russell Brand has been famous as a great comedian. His top movies are Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek and Despicable Me 2. He is popular stand-up comedian who won Foot In Mouth award by Plain English Campaign.
6. Rob Reiner – Celebrity Dumb Ass Award
Rob Reiner rose to fame due to his remarkable performance as Meathead on All in the Family in the 1970s. This made Rob win two Emmy Awards and he then appeared in movies like Stand by Me, When Harry Met Sally…, and A Few Good Man. Chris Plante, a DC-based talk radio star, gave him an unusual award.
5. Pope John II – Harlem Globetrotters Honorary Member
Pope has been a holy figure for billions of people. Pope John II is also famous in pop culture and sports world. In 2000, the pontiff was made an honorary member of The Harlem Globetrotters. He was given many awards due to his skills and graceful lifestyle.
4. Richard Gere – Foot In Mouth
Richard Gere is a hot and famous person. In 2002, Richard won the award by a public figure. He has been a man who spent years and years in his well maintained and successful profession. He was also given the Medal of Gratitude by the Albanian President.
3. Miss Piggy – Feminism Award
The Muppets’ most famous babe, Miss Piggy, was given a feminism award from the Brooklyn Museum’s Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art. She has been a gorgeous and fabulous female of her time. She won many other awards as well during her career.
2. Halle Berry – Razzie Award
In 2004, Academy award winning actress Halle Berry accepted her Golden Raspberry Award for the Worst Actress of that year. She was so happy to receive the award, and said thanks to Warner Brothers and her manager for her role in Catwoman. She is a gorgeous lady.
1. Stephen Colbert – Species Named After Himself
Stephen Colbert won an unusual award in 2008 for being the voice of Neil Young show. Stephen has been a famous figure of all time. Colbert’s awards didn’t end there, but it was a time when he could bag lots more so he did the same. He won an array of awards for The Colbert Report as well as a few Peabodies.
Did you know these facts?