Below are the top best bodybuilding foods for women who want to build muscular bulk.
List of Content
10. QuinoaFor women who are vegans or vegetarians, they can still get precious protein without meat from quinoa. This native South American grain happens to be packed with protein. It supplies complete protein, i.e. the protein contains all nine of the essential amino acids. Quinoa also happens to be easy to digest, gluten-free, and rich in fiber, iron and magnesium.
9. AlmondsDespite being plant-based, almonds are also a protein-packed food. Almost 8 grams of protein are contained in 1/4 cup of almonds, which almost 2 grams of more protein than what is contained in a typical egg. Almonds are also a great source of magnesium and monounsaturated fats. Magnesium is an important mineral, known for its involvement in the metabolism of energy and protein synthesis.
8. Cottage CheeseThis may surprise some women, but cottage cheese is included by most serious male and female bodybuilders in their bodybuilding diet. For women who do not understand, they should read the label of their typical fat-free or low-fat cottage cheese. A whopping 14 grams of protein in contained in half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese with less than 2 grams of fat and merely 80 calories.
7. ChickpeasAs cheesy as it might sound, chickpeas is another ideal bodybuilding food for women. For women who are having trouble building muscular bulk and staying lean, they should replace some of the grain and rice in their diet with chickpeas. Chickpeas are versatile beans, and just one cup of these beans contains 45 grams of slow acting carbohydrates and 12 grams of fiber.
6. MilkNo one probably knows how important milk is for a growing body than women. Since it is an animal food, all the essential amino acids are provided by it with barely any fat, especially when drinking skim milk. Considering that whey protein can be easily mixed with milk, it is even more beneficial to muscles. With added flavoring, it can become a delicious muscle-building beverage.
5. Lean ground beefWomen should try not to avoid red meats like lean ground beef entirely since they are a great source of protein. Over 27 grams of protein is contained in merely 100 grams of lean meat. Although it contains 11 grams of fat and more than 200 calories are also contained in beef, it also contains additional minerals and vitamins like iron, vitamin B12 and zinc.
4. SoySoybean offers unmatched muscle-building benefits in comparison to other plant sources, whether it is consumed as edamame, soy milk or tofu. Like quinoa, complete protein is provided by soybeans as well. More than 20 grams of amino acids is contained in just a single cup of cooked soybeans. Other important minerals and vitamins are packed in soy too, making it a healthy muscle-building food.
3. EggsEggs are not only easy and quick to prepare, and delicious and fun to eat, but should also be a key component in any woman’s bodybuilding diet. Nearly 5 to 6 grams of protein are loaded in each egg at a very low caloric cost of just 60 calories. Protein in eggs has the highest biological value, which makes it efficient for muscular growth.
2. ChickenChicken is a staple food for building muscles. A hearty 31 gram serving of protein for just 4 grams of fat can be gained by eating a nice and lean 100-gram slab of chicken. This means that chicken has a remarkable protein-to-fat ratio, especially for bodybuilding. Above all, chicken tastes great and makes it possible to add versatility to any meal.
1. FishFish definitely belongs on the top of the list of the best muscle-building foods. For instance, a 100-gram serving of salmon contains 25 grams of protein, along with plenty of other healthy nutrients. Heart-healthy fatty acids like omega-3, monounsaturated fats and vitamin D are contained in salmon too. So, women should definitely eat lots of fish to build muscular bulk.
Most women are more focused on counting calories rather than considering the nutrients. However, for female bodybuilders, knowing what to eat is very important. Thus, these were top best bodybuilding foods for women are ideal for building muscle.